How does a callback turn a website visitor into a lead?
The callback widget is a useful and functional option that was originally used only by online stores. Nowadays, on the website of any big company, bank, travel agency, an insurance company, or store there is a callback button placed, thanks to which a simple site visitor can become a potential client and use the services of a particular company. Hereunder, we’ll review why businesses need callback function and how to set it up to become more customer-focused.
It seems that the callback service is simple and straightforward: the client enters the site, leaves his contact details, and immediately receives a callback from the manager. It is very convenient, isn’t it? This is comfortable for the client, moreover, he does not spend his money on calls and does not look for company contacts himself. The lead generation widget helps to always stay in touch with customers, increase their loyalty to the company, and also improve conversion from the site. As soon as a site visitor leaves his phone number for communication, he automatically turns into a lead.
Necessity of callback
This service will be relevant for anyone involved in complex services, for example, insurance arrangements or financial services, as their clients need detailed consultations. Also, the feedback function attracts customers of geographically distributed companies.
The advantages of a callback are obvious:
- constant communication with the guests of the site as calls are processed regularly including holidays;
- loyalty and positive customer reviews are growing because the presence of the corresponding button emphasizes the openness of the company and its willingness to assist;
- growth of website conversion. As soon as the site visitor leaves his contact details, he becomes a lead and a potential client of the company.
Practice shows that the callback widget increases the number of calls to the company by 15% as long as it gently offers services to potential buyers.
What is lead generation?
Lead generation is a set of marketing tasks aimed at turning a potential client into a real one that would bring profit to the company. Lead is no longer just a guest of the site though not a buyer yet, but he will become him once he performs certain actions. They are different in each company: someone needs a client to place an order, someone needs him to look at the tariffs for service packages, submit a request for a call, write an email, or somehow express interest in the organization’s services. Lead generation encourages representatives of the target audience to make a purchase or carry out other targeted actions. It is also responsible for maintaining and increasing the number of clients. In addition to leads, there are pseudo-leads that retain their status for a long time so marketers and lead managers have the main task to reduce their number.
Large companies that have a full-fledged marketing department on their staff are the first who use lead generation. Small business projects usually introduce outsourcing promotion, this implies another category of lead generation users – marketing agencies. This direction can be used by everyone, even by non-commercial sites.
Suggestions for widget configuration
- It is worth considering the optimal time for the pop-up. If it appears too early then the site visitor will not have time to examine the information he needs himself and make a request. He can close an extra window irritably without contacting a manager. The best option is to configure the appearance of the window in 1-2 minutes from the moment the client visits the site.
- Compact dimensions of the widget. The pop-up window should be small so as not to obstruct the site and overlap important information, the optimal location is in the lower right corner. It is worth ensuring that the client can refuse the call himself as an intrusive request to contact the manager would cause a negative reaction to the site operation.
- The widget should be unique, the button should be noticeable and eye-catching. It is important to think over a button interface that would harmoniously complement the site structure.
If you meet all of these comments, the button will turn visitors into leads, and make this feature way better than any ad. Let’s not forget that callback is just technology for attracting attention. To really interest a client, there is a need to contact him at a time convenient for him, not to be annoying, and discuss only certain issues.
Types of capture forms and their features
Depending on the appearance, lead forms can be closed, open, and double, each type has its own characteristics:
- closed – they open the primary field for filling after a click;
- open – they immediately offer users to perform certain actions. They are usually placed on the main page of the site;
- double – they highlight an advantageous offer for customers and submit questionnaires for data entry at the same time. Such widgets are typically used for holding promotions and discounts.
The choice of a lead form will depend on the overall design of the site, the type of target audience, and the kind of products/services offered:
- Capture form for signature. This format will appeal to everyone who regularly updates their content, shares the latest news, periodically updates the range of products or services, subscribes to an e-mail newsletter, etc. In this case, the number of subscribers and potential leads will constantly grow. These forms can be placed under the main content or in the area of sale.
- Callback form. Many clients prefer to request a callback from a manager instead of calling themselves and spending money on it. It will be a big plus if the user specifies the desired time for the callback.
- Consultation request form. If your company is engaged in the sales of complex products that are not always clear to the client and require clarification, then the consultation is a must-have. Some people hesitate to call a manager or do not have time for a complete call, so it would be convenient for them to communicate via chat.
- Calculator. This form is used by companies and stores that sell various products and services so customers need to determine their cost according to the price list. In order for the actual payment to coincide with the expected one, there is a need to calculate all expenses in advance in the specific fields of the online calculator.
- A form of a chat with a manager. This lead form is recommended for all commercial sites, thanks to it customers can receive answers to their questions. Using such chats you can increase sales and obtain positive feedback from customers.
- Registration form. Using it the guest of the site is no longer just a visitor, but a real client who wants to use the services or receive additional benefits in the form of bonuses, promotions, discounts. It is important to explain the benefits of registration to the clients in an unobtrusive manner. It is not necessary to request full contact details for registration, the email, phone number or login are enough.
- Pop-up form. It is a real lifesaver that can keep a client who is about to leave the site at the last minute. A pop-up form is a sort of tempting offer that should appear at the right moment so as not to annoy the user.
Advantages of lead generation
The site receives a number of benefits as soon as the lead requests a callback. Thanks to this, you can maintain statistics of the sales department, record phone calls, produce reports, analytics information, etc. You can also configure different options of the appearance of the button, develop a unique design for a mobile application. The data on missed calls would be timely received by the operators so that they could regularly monitor the activity of site visitors.
The advantages of using lead generation are as follows:
- the option to calculate the cost of leads and advertising budget;
- advertising effect on different platforms which increases brand or company awareness;
- fast return on investment;
- quick response to a request from a client;
- work without middle-men;
- business expansion due to consumer demand.
The cost of leads will depend on factors such as the cost of advertised goods/services, seasonality, target audience, geographic location, competition in the chosen area, content quality, traffic analysis, etc.
Callback in Hottelecom
You can learn more about the callback widget at Hottelecom. When connecting the service together with the PBX, the company receives the opportunity to use numerous functions that would improve call statistics and communication skills with clients.
By contacting our company, clients receive a bunch of benefits of a callback:
- prompt service configuration;
- the option to customize a scenario of any call;
- the opportunity to choose the design of the widget (shape, size, color);
- configuration of the exact time for showing the button
With a subscription fee, a callback to Hottelecom gets connected free of charge. To do this, it’s enough to just leave a request and contact our managers. The subscription service price will be formed based on various factors. For each service, a contract is provided along with a guarantee that you have purchased a personal phone number to promote your business.
Hottelecom is ready to offer favorable rates to anyone interested in connecting IP-telephony. Our experts will be able to answer all your questions and customize the number’s capabilities based on the requirements of a particular business project. We guarantee:
- protection of personal data;
- prompt assistance from technical support;
- free SIP-account;
- numerous options for paying for services;
- high-quality stable communication;
- activation within a few hours.
Our Hottelecom service ensures the anonymity and protection of the personal data of each client. You can learn more about our services and get answers to the most frequent questions here. Use virtual telephony to experience all its benefits today!