Modern telephone communication allows you to exchange calls, SMS, and faxes without wires, physical “SIM cards” and outside the mobile coverage area. What is a virtual SIM card? This is a VoIP telephony service based on the data transmission protocol over the Internet. The audio signal is converted into digital format, received by the receiving side, and reformatted into its original form. As a result, the caller hears a normal voice. At the same time, any user can order a one-time or long-term virtual number for calls, SMS, or faxes.
Usage of virtual phone services
It is quite easy to understand how a virtual SIM card works. In fact, this is a real city or mobile phone number, which is served by a virtual service provider. The difference from usual phones is only in the way data is transmitted over the Internet connection. Since all physical equipment is on the side of the company providing VoIP services, the user only needs access to the Internet.
A virtual number is convenient for the following purposes:
- Addition to a real phone number. The digital service helps to separate personal and business contacts, create several profiles in the messenger or social network, etc.
- Replacing a real phone. Cloud service is required when using a regular number is undesirable. The service helps to test an unknown Internet resource, register anonymously on a dating site, avoid advertising spam when submitting ads online, etc.
- Business communication. Cloud telephony is indispensable for organizing communication within the company and customer service. And thanks to additional functions, it can become an effective tool for improving the quality of telephone communications.
The order and payment of a virtual phone number are carried out online. In this case, the user independently sets the settings for forwarding calls and messages – to a landline or mobile phone, tablet, laptop, or PC. To receive and send calls and messages from computer devices, you need to install a special SIP application.
How to create a virtual SIM card?
To create a virtual number, you need to proceed as follows:
- Register on the website https://hottelecom.biz/, enter your personal account, familiarize yourself with the working conditions.
- Find the service you need, top up your account with the cost of connection and subscription fee for at least a month of use. For one-time services, only rent is paid.
- Select a country, city, number. Check all the data and order the service. Wait for confirmation of connecting the service in the form of a letter to the email specified during registration.
If you are interested in the question of how to make a virtual SIM card on an iPhone, the solution will be similar. At the same time, you should specify your real phone number in the forwarding settings. And then incoming calls and messages will be instantly transferred to your iPhone automatically.
About our company
HotTelecom offers a full range of Internet telephony services for individuals and legal entities. Here you will find both one-time services for registering on sites and long-term ones for organizing reliable and accessible communication. Years of experience in the market and numerous satisfied customers allow us to guarantee high-quality communication, signal security, a user-friendly interface, and simple working conditions. Today, there are phones in more than 90 countries of the world, which can be paid for in 100+ in a variety of ways.
For commercial clients, we have provided convenient additional options – voice menu, call recording, free incoming calls, and much more. Digital telephony is indispensable for cheap international communication and optimization of communication costs.
Now you know how to connect a virtual SIM card and can use the capabilities of modern Internet telephony. If you still have questions about choosing and connecting a digital service, please contact our support service. Consultations by phone, email, or online chat are available around the clock.