Set up Linphone for iOS and Android
By renting a virtual number, you can forward all incoming calls to this number in different directions. One of the possible options could be a SIP client (softphone for VoIP calls).
Linphone is one of such free shipping softphones. The intuitive interface will allow you to easily configure the software using SIP account data and successfully incoming calls, for which you only need a stable Internet connection. It is also possible to make outgoing calls
To set up Linphone to receive and make calls, you need to do the following:
1. In your personal account, after purchasing a Voice virtual number of the country you are interested in, request a SIP account in the “SIP CONFIGURATION” block
2. After a while, the data of the dedicated SIP account will appear in this block. Using this SIP account data, you can log in to various SIP phones (softphones). Install the latest version of Linphone by following the link AppStore or Google Play
3. Launch the application and click “Assistant” in the menu.
4. Then click the “USE SIP ACCOUNT” button.
5. In the “ASSISTANT” window that opens, fill in the required fields with data from your personal account (“SIP CONFIGURATION” block):
- USERNAME = username
- PASSWORD = secret
- DOMAIN = host
- TRANSPORT – UDP
Make sure there are no extra characters or spaces in the data you enter.
Click the “LOGIN” button.
6. It completes authorization in Linphone. How do you make sure your application is ready to go? You will see the green circle next to the menu, which means that your sofphone is configured correctly, and the status now is “connected” to the server.
If, for some reason, the status is different, try the following steps:
- make sure your internet connection is stable;
- mobile internet providers can block the sip.telecomax.net host. If you are using mobile internet, try connecting to Wi-Fi;
- add host sip.telecomax.net to exclusions in your Wi-Fi router settings.
Setting up call forwarding in the Personal Account
To receive calls to Linphone, you must correctly register incoming calls forwarding from your virtual number to SIP. To do this, go to the number settings in your personal account.
If you are using a SIP account from our company:
in the number settings, in the forwarding input field, enter the forwarding in the following format: “SIP / username @ username”.
You can find the value “username” in the block “SIP CONFIGURATION”. This data will be available only after you receive the SIP account.
If you are using another SIP provider:
in the forwarding entry field, enter the forwarding in the following format: “SIP/[email protected]” or “SIP / ID @ IP” (if forwarding to an IP address is required). You can check with your SIP provider for ID and IP details.
In the forwarding settings, you can set simultaneous or sequential forwarding to several directions.
- Simultaneous call forwarding will allow you to send a call in two directions at the same time (SIP client/phone number / Telegram).
- Sequential forwarding allows you to set a timeout for answering in the first direction, after which the call automatically goes to the second.
Note! Authorization with the same SIP account is not possible on multiple devices at the same time. If you decide to log in to the softphone on another device with the same data, the authorization on the previous device will become inactive.
You can make Outgoing calls using Linphone as well. They are possible from an active SIP account but not activated by default. They are connected separately as an additional service upon request by email.
- Outgoing calls are chargeable. The cost for such calls is not included in the virtual number rental fee. Calls are billed per second (without specifying the leased number) or per minute (with specifying the leased number).
- Outgoing calls are an additional service that is not technically tied to the rented number, is not activated by default, and is connected upon request by e-mail.
- The service of substituting a rented number as a Caller ID is possible and guaranteed only within the country to which the virtual number belongs.
Have a nice chat!
Still have questions about setting up Linphone for iOS and Android?
Write to us, our managers will contact you as soon as possible.