Set up Zoiper softphone for Android
Nowadays, you can choose any convenient softphone to accept calls on your virtual number. Here is Zoiper makes a perfect fit since it has been acknowledged as the best softphone for this purpose. It provides multiple benefits including but not limited to a simple interface, a convenient setting that lets you start using it straight away after installation, and a free version with the majority of required features.
It is easy to buy a virtual number from our company and start making and accepting calls via Zoiper. The only requirement would be a stable Internet connection. You can commence using Zoiper on PC or smartphone by following the installation instructions below.
Where to download and how to set up Zoiper for Android?
Below you can find the recommendations on installing Zoiper on your Android:
- The first step would be to buy a number that provides calls and submit a request for creating a SIP account for it. You can easily do it within “SIP AND IAX CONFIGURATIONS” section in your personal account by clicking on “REQUEST SIP ACCOUNT” button.
It is possible to create a SIP account on any softphone not necessarily Zoiper. With our data, you can sign in to other softphones including MicroSIP, X-Lite, Linphone, etc.
- Install the latest Zoiper version by downloading the software from the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zoiper.android.app
- Click on accepting the terms and conditions after starting the application.
- Please use the data from the personal account on the website to log in to the softphone:
- ensure to populate the “username/login” field of Zoiper application with username@host. You can find these details in “SIP AND IAX CONFIGURATIONS” section in your personal account area on the website;
- for the “password” field please use the “secret” data from your personal account.
Please make sure not to add spaces during the population of the fields and to verify the entered information. Once you fill in the required data, please finish the creation by pressing “Create an account” button.
- The next step of the setup will require setting the host name. Please populate it with sip.telecomax.net and proceed by clicking the “Next” button.
- For now, you can skip the “Account setup” stage.
- After the previous steps are completed, Zoiper will start looking for available configurations that will take few seconds. The SIP UDP configuration can be considered as finished after the field becomes green, and the status gets set as “found”.
Once you complete this step, the application authorization will be finalized.
Please complete the next steps in case Zoiper can’t find the available configuration:
- verify that your Internet connection is stable;
- sometimes in case you’re using the mobile Internet, the operator can block the “sip.telecomax.net” host. You can resolve this by changing the Internet provider or connecting to a WiFi network;
- ensure to add “sip.telecomax.net” to the exceptions within the configuration of your WiFi router.
How to verify that my account was activated and it can start receiving calls?
To ensure that your account is active, please click on the menu button in the left corner at the top of the application. You should see the “Account is ready” sign under your username in case Zoiper is active meaning that you have no issues with the Internet connection or account configuration.
Please also verify the phone number configurations in your personal account area and ensure that call forwarding to SIP is enabled.
Ensure to populate the “Forwarding” field with SIP/username@username in case you utilize a SIP account that was purchased from our company. The “username” is located in the “SIP and IAX CONFIGURATIONS” section. Please note that it is only available after SIP data is received.
In case you are using another SIP provider, you should populate this field with “SIP/[email protected]” or “SIP/ID@IP”. In that case, your calls will be forwarded to an IP address. Please make sure to confirm ID and IP details with your SIP provider.
You can also configure the system so that incoming calls forwarding runs simultaneously or sequentially:
- simultaneous forwarding provides the option of receiving a call to SIP and phone numbers or two different SIP-clients at the same time.
- please set the timeout (the maximum delay of call reply) in case you require sequential forwarding. If the call is not accepted within the timeout, it will be switched to another direction from your settings.
Please note, that you can’t remain logged in to the same Zoiper account on more than one device. Once you start using the new device with the same credentials, the authorization on the initial device will be deactivated.
Can I make the outgoing calls using Zoiper?
It is definitely possible though you will need to consider that this function, as well as Caller ID, should be activated additionally. You can do it by submitting the request to our email [email protected] and our specialists will provide all the required assistance.
It’s only possible to properly identify the number with Caller ID when you make calls to the numbers of the country of your virtual number. That means that after purchasing a US number, a Caller ID should only be used when calling US numbers.
In case with dialing other countries, the number might not be detected and your interlocutor will see the non-existent number of the local operator which cannot be called back.
Please consider that outgoing calls are charged separately since they are not included in the monthly fee of the number rent. The difference between outgoing calls without Caller ID and with it is that the first ones are charged per second and the second per minute.
In order to use the Zoiper in other way, you can do the following:
1. Download Zoiper
2. Open the app and press “enter as a free user”
3. On the next page, click “create account” button
4. In the list of countries, select “Poland”
5. In the list of services select “HotTelecom”
6. In the login field to the right, enter the username and password of your SIP account
7. Click “Login”
8. Enjoy calling via Zoiper
Still have questions about setting up Zoiper for Android?
Watch a short tutorial video:
Write to us, our managers will contact you as soon as possible.